Have you ever thought you’d like to add a little branding or personality to your short links? Now, dlvr.it makes it easy (and free) for you to customize your short links with your own personalized domain.
A custom short domain is the domain that replaces “dlvr.it” in a shortened link. For instance, “http://dlvr.it/123bcd” becomes “http://your-custom-domain.com/123bcd”.
Customizing your short links adds a powerful brand element to your distributed content and lends added professionalism and personality to your publishing efforts.
Major publishers and brands who use their own custom short domains:*
- The New York Times: ‘nyti.ms’
- Amazon.com: ‘amzn.com’
- Tech Crunch: “’tcrn.ch’
dlvr.it now makes it easy and accessible for bloggers, publishers and brands of all sizes to take advantage of the branding and personalization power of custom short links.
dlvr.it users may use one free custom short domain per dlvr.it account.
To start branding your short links:
- 1. Sign up for a dlvr.it account.
2. Register a domain (details)
3. Update your custom domain’s DNS settings (details)
4. Set up your custom domain in dlvr.it (details)
Set Up Screenshots:
* These companies use their own custom short domains but none are currently using dlvr.it’s new custom short domain service.